Stanley High School, as a sponsored academy within the Southport Learning Trust, has a Local Governing Body (LGB).
The focus of the LGB will be on monitoring standards and local governance issues, as well as holding the academy leadership to account. The LGB will meet monthly throughout the academic year.
The LGB Chair will also be a Member Trustee and sit on the Board of Trustees / Directors to ensure representation of Stanley High School on the Board.
The delegated roles of the Stanley High School LGB are to:
- Appoint the Chair and Vice-Chair.
- Support and challenge the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Comply with Child Protection and Safeguarding legislation and procedures.
- Appoint a designated Child Protection and Safeguarding Governor.
- Propose the School Development Plan.
- Review progress against School Development Plan using internal and external data.
- Review performance against the agreed school budget.
- Approve the school curriculum plan.
- Approve and monitor pupil behaviour policies.
- Review a permanent exclusion.
- Monitor health & safety and premises.
- Ensure effective links are in place to support areas of intervention.
- Attend all relevant training and research and read the latest developments in education to ensure high quality governance.
The structure of the Stanley High School LGB will be:
- Head of academy
- Two parent governors
- Two staff governors
- Six co-opted governors
One of the parent or co-opted governors will be elected chair, and that individual will be a member of the MAT board.
Governors will be selected via an application process to ensure commitment and skills leading to high performance. In the first instance, the NGA Skills Audit will be used to assess the current governing board in relation to the competency framework.
An application process for any vacant positions will be in place and managed by the Clerk to the Governors.
The Chair of Governors is Ms Ruth Williams
The Clerk to Governors is Mrs Elaine Avery
If you have any queries concerning the school or your child please contact Mrs Avery, in writing, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org